Saturday, July 14, 2007

Did I tell you how much I love this stamp set?


Ok, Baroque Motifs is my favorite NEW stamp set out of the new Stampin' Up! fall/winter '07 catalog! This card was very time consuming but so worth the effort. First, I took a piece of chocolate chip cardstock for my base, 'cuz nothing in life is good without chocolate! Then I stamped the flourish in Chocolate Chip craft all over the base, covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set it. Next I measured a piece of mellow moss cardstock so that it was a 1/2 inch smaller all around than the base. After all, I wanted to see the embossed background. I punched all four corners with the ticket punch just because I really like this punch. The final layer of cardstock is blush blossom, also punched with the ticket corner. This piece was measured a 1/4 inch smaller than the mellow moss piece, cuz I wanted a real thin matte. On this piece I stamped the flourish twice in close to cocoa, once at the top and once at the bottom so that they met in the middle. I wasn't sure that was all I wanted to do with the flourish, so I pulled out the good ol' stamp-a-majig, which I would DIE without, lined up the flourishes and then slightly offset it. Once it was offset, I stamped the flourish again in pretty in pink to give it a shadowed effect. Then I stamped the small flower randomly on the flourish in mellow moss and regal rose. I still wasn't sure how I liked it, so I decided to just keep stamping the flower all over the cardstock (after all stamping is the next best thing to chocolate!) I stamped the large flower in chocolate chip on blush blossom and cut out. Tied old olive ribbon about 1/4 way down and layered the cut out flower on the right hand side of it with a dimensional. Stamped thank you on mellow moss with the retired set All Natural and punched it out with the large oval punch. Sponged this with mellow moss. The card still needed something, so I sponged the outer edge with mellow moss and the middle of the card with pretty in pink. Added clear stickles to the center of all the flowers and the outer points of the large flower. Voila! It's done; now I don't want to give it away!

No comments: