Monday, July 30, 2007

Outlawed Photos


Ok, they're not THAT kind of outlawed photos. My mom and I went shopping yesterday to get some "business casual" clothes for my new nursing job. I started today and spent 8 hours in an orientation session. Ugh! But you do what ya' gotta' do. So, anyway, my brother babysat the kids so we could go shopping (my husband works every other weekend) so I thought it would be appropriate to post a photo of him with my youngest daughter at the ocean. Can you tell she didn't like the loud sound of the crashing waves?


This is what the frame originally looked like. I bought it back in Februa
ry at the Target dollar spot. I love that place! Believe me, a dollar adds up to a lot of dollars real fast! This frame wasn't much to look at, but I saw the potential. I grabbed all they had left (at least on that particular day at that particular store). When our new Stampin' Up catalog came out with new designer paper, this frame seemed to just scream at me to throw some Outlaw paper on it.

First, I applied three different sizes of the paper onto the
frame with sticky strip. Then I covered the seams with caramel and moss gingham ribbon, using mini glue dots to hold it on tight. Pretty simple so far, right? Well, it doesn't get much harder. Next, I stamped the medallion from the new Simple Delights Simply Sent kit.

If you haven't used these kits, you should consider them; they are FABULOUS!!! This particular kit comes with die cut stamps for easy mounting and everything you need cut to size to make 10 cards. Instructions, paper, envelopes, accessories, EVERYTHING!


Well, I stamped the medallion in Sage Shadow four times and punched each one out with a
1 3/8" punch. I sponged each piece with Creamy Caramel and then edged each piece with Close to Cocoa. The medallions still needed a little something, so I did a big no-no... I used retired copper brads from last year's antique brad collection. Let's just keep that our little secret, ok? I adhered each medallion to a one of the heart magnets with Crystal Effects and let it dry. Then I added my photo and voila! (I like that word, voila!) I have a beautiful picture frame. Good for grandparents that want lots of photos of the grandkids! They change so fast, it's an easy way to keep your photo display updated.

Ok, one more day for blog candy. Either my candy isn't that great or people just aren't reading. A couple have subscribed, but leave a comment also, so that I know you're reading! Off to bed, now. Tomorrow will be a hard day. It's my last day at the vet clinic and I KNOW I'll cry, so I should try to get my beauty sleep while I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I really am reading your wonderful new blog. I didn't just subscribe to it. I think my fav. color combo is Chocolate Chip, Taken with Teal, and a touch of Very Vanilla, currently. I have a soft spot for the new in colors though.

Hugs and Kisses
Beth (darkangel44444)